You can have the most visually appealing website out there. Your content can be truly captivating. And still, if you’re not ranking well in Google searches, with each passing day, you’re missing out on a least one potential customer and an opportunity to grow.
So that your marketing efforts are not in vain, you must learn about SEO. When smartly used, SEO will increase your website’s online visibility. It’s how you’ll thrive and stand out among the competition.
Wondering how such a cost-effective method can do so much?
Regardless of whether you’re a startup or an already established business that’s been struggling to gain traction, we’ve got you. This article will discuss all the key benefits of SEO that can help position your brand for success. So, let’s dive in!
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Explained
The goal of SEO is simple and clear – help your website rank higher in search engines so that more people can see it. Considering there are around 1.13 billion websites on the internet, this is far more important than one might think.
In the past, all it took was a visually appealing billboard for customers to show interest in a service or product. Fast forward to today, and most people are searching online to find what interests them.
They do this by entering search queries (specific phrases or keywords) in search engines. And they don’t even waste time but rather click on some of the first 10 web pages that appear. So, when your website is optimized with these relevant keywords, users will easily stumble upon it.
It all seems straightforward, but if you want your SEO efforts to pay off, let’s first get you familiar with the basics of SEO types in digital marketing and how they work together perfectly.
- On-Page SEO. This includes everything we’ve been talking about until now – optimizing your website’s content to drive more organic traffic toward it. It goes beyond subjective content marketing, as it focuses on the technical aspects only.
- Off-Page SEO. Unlike on-page SEO, which is done within the website, off-page SEO is what you do outside it. The main action is to include backlinks from other reputable websites, as well as to engage in social media marketing.
- Technical SEO. If you think that content is all that SEO is about, you’d be surprised as to how much more there is to it. You also have to think of the user experience – improve the website’s speed and structure, as well as optimize it for mobile use.
- Local SEO. Up until now, we’ve been talking about increasing your website’s online visibility. Well, local SEO will still do this but will focus more on attracting customers in your specific geographic area.
It’s important to note that while these are the main ones, there are more SEO types you’ll find out about as soon as you dive deep into the field. But let’s not stray away from our main goal, which is explaining the key benefits of SEO marketing.
Helps Build Credibility & Enhances Customers’ Trust
Users often find websites that appear first on search engines more reliable and trustworthy. So, even if your intentions are pure, nobody will consider your website if it’s not ranked among these. In fact, nobody will even scroll past the first page to find you.
Implementing an SEO strategy means you’ll continuously publish high-quality and SEO-powered content that addresses the needs of your target audience. Naturally, this will establish your business as an authority in your specific industry, making it easier for customers to trust you.
However, your website’s design and responsiveness also play a huge role in the users’ decisions. Regardless of how good the service or product is, users won’t linger for hours on your website if it constantly glitches or isn’t easy to use. But if they have a positive experience, the chances of them coming back to your websites will drastically increase.
It’s a whole different story when they can find everything they need in no time. How do we know this? Apart from experience, it’s a well-known fact that 7 seconds is all it takes for you to make a first impression, that is, for customers to decide if they like what they see.
All in all, building credibility is one of the top benefits of SEO, as around 46% of customers have said they’ll pay more for brands they trust. As for how long this will take, it will depend on your industry and competition above all, as well as your SEO perseverance.
SEO Helps You Reach More People Cost-Effectively
If what SEO is and how it works wasn’t surprising enough, just wait until you hear about its other benefit – cost-efficiency. SEO itself won’t cost you anything, as its primary goal is to drive more organic traffic to your website.
However, the practices that come with it do require some investment. As already mentioned, you must think of everything – from your website’s design to the quality of the content you’re publishing. And good for you if you are, but most of the time, one cannot be an expert in every field.
Here are some of the costs associated with SEO:
- Content. Naturally, you’ll hire SEO services to help you post relevant content that resonates with your audience and is accompanied by an SEO-optimized meta title and meta description. They’ll do this by conducting keyword research to learn about the most common phrases your target audience uses to search for a product or service.
- Link Building. As part of off-page SEO, link building will help you a great deal, but only if we’re talking about quality backlinks. Search engines perceive these immediately and will find your content to be trustworthy. However, acquiring authoritative backlinks will cost you.
- Monitoring Your SEO Strategy. SEO doesn’t end as soon as you implement it once. It might take up to six months for it to show results, and during this period, you must keep track of how well it’s doing. SEO services will do proper monitoring and provide you with regular reports on possible traffic and CTR increases, among other metrics.
- Technical Aspects. As already mentioned, the user experience is also part of SEO. So, unless you’re a web designer yourself and can develop a user-friendly, mobile-optimized website, you should think about hiring SEO services to do it for you. In the US, most of the website traffic came from mobile devices, around 45.49%, to be precise.
Even if these practices require an initial investment, SEO has proven to be a value for one’s money and far cheaper than paid search advertising. You can implement some of the SEO practices yourself, but the benefits of SEO services go beyond just the technical aspects.
Now combine this cost efficiency with reaching out to more people, that is, gaining more visitors that could potentially turn into customers down the road. It’s such a great feeling knowing that these visitors landed on your website naturally through unpaid search engine results.
As for how much SEO costs, we can’t say for certain, as it will depend on the extent of the services you need, as well as the SEO services you hire. If your industry is highly competitive, and it’s more than local SEO you’re after but are rather interested in targeting different regions, you can expect a higher cost.
It Improves Your Website’s Online Visibility
We can’t stress enough how much SEO helps you be seen. It’s simply one of those methods that you can’t survive without in this modern world. Looking back, the first SEO practices started during the 1997s, but the idea of SEO didn’t really take off until the early 2000s.
Basically, website owners weren’t satisfied with how they ranked on SERPs, so the need to optimize web pages for search engines grew and is still growing today. And as much as it was important then, ranking on the first page of search engines among today’s competition is a dream come true.
In the past, websites were just a source of information, but now, they’re what will lead them to buy a product or service. So, if you’re more of an old-fashioned business owner, you should keep this in mind. You’ve probably heard it a thousand times before, but times are changing.
Here’s how SEO improves your online presence:
- All the SEO practices combined help boost your website’s position on SERPs, meaning users can find it easily and are more likely to click on it.
- Unlike paid advertising, SEO drives more organic traffic to your website.
- When ranked at least in the first ten, users will think of your website as reliable and trustworthy.
- SEO includes taking care of your website’s design and speed, so you can expect the user experience to be drastically improved after implementing a strategy.
- SEO doesn’t just target random people but instead focuses on driving traffic that is actually interested in the product or service you’re offering so that it could result in more conversions down the line.
Think of it this way. With an effective SEO strategy, you’ll be seen as an authority in the industry, but at the same time, a relevant solution for your audience that came at the right time. This is exactly why SEO for small businesses is just as important as it is for enterprises.
SEO Helps You Stand Out Among Competitors
And finally, the hardest part of staying relevant in today’s world is to stand out among competitors, especially since new websites are opening with each passing day. And rest assured, your competitors are probably already investing in SEO.
Users can consider you as a go-to solution only if they can find you. If you’re not easily discoverable, nobody will go looking for a needle in a haystack.
Nobody denies the fact that successful businesses have visually stunning websites and high-quality products or services, but that’s not everything that got them there. They managed to stand out. They found a way to resonate with their target audience. They were VISIBLE.
So, if you want to stand out among the competition, rise to the top, and not fade into obscurity later, ask yourself these questions:
- Is my website SEO-optimized?
What we mean by this question is if the keywords, meta title, and meta description you’re using are random or if they’re specifically chosen to target your audiences’ searches.
- Do I really understand my target audience?
In order to provide content that resonates with your audience, you must first understand them – who they are and what interests them. Only then will you be able to tailor your SEO strategy to their needs.
- Am I making the most of social media?
While not directly connected to SEO, sharing your SEO-optimized content on social media increases your chances of driving more traffic.
- How am I different from other competitors in the field?
Do you bring something unique to the table in terms of SEO? Ask yourself if the content you’re publishing is original and doesn’t sound like something that’s already out there.
The benefits of SEO in business cover all of these aspects. The practice includes researching for specific phrases your target audience commonly uses so that you can later incorporate them naturally into your website’s content. It also ensures that your website loads fast and is user-friendly.
The link-building part of SEO makes sure you only include relevant links that search engines find to be authoritative so that, in the eyes of customers, you’re a trustworthy website.
Everything from technical optimizations to content creation is what will enhance your website’s visibility and credibility. This will not only attract potential customers but will give you a competitive advantage over your competitors.
Working with Algorithms, Not Against Them
When you understand how search engines work, you’ll see that the algorithm isn’t your enemy but something you should be guided by in order to succeed. If there’s one thing we know for sure, is that success doesn’t come easy, and SEO is your ticket to getting one step closer to it.
The key benefits of SEO are many. Yes, the goal is to succeed and stand out among the competition, but along the road, you get to understand your target audience, enhance your online presence and, most importantly, make a name for yourself.
SEO in the Philippines wasn’t that popular before but has started to gain popularity, and many businesses have turned to SEO services in order to reach a wider audience.
Think of it as the new billboard for modern businesses, so if you’re struggling with getting recognition, you shouldn’t think twice before implementing an SEO strategy. It’s time to ride the wave.
Absolutely! Small businesses can benefit from SEO in the same way enterprises can. They can use it to improve their online presence and drive more organic traffic toward their website. And what’s best – it will cost them far cheaper than traditional advertising methods.
We can’t say for certain, as it will depend on your industry and competition, but usually, SEO should start showing results in between three to six months. However, keep in mind that SEO isn’t a one-time effort, and positive results are only possible with regular optimization.
It sure is! Unlike paid search advertising, where you pay for each click, SEO is focused on driving organic traffic toward your website. It isn’t cost-free, as you’ll still need to pay for link-building and content creation, but it pays off in the long term.
You can start by monitoring the amount of organic traffic that’s coming to your website, as well as tracking how targeted keywords have ranked. An increase in both means your strategy is working.